David joined Foote Brothers Furniture as manager in 1973 after attending Auburn and then graduating from the University of Alabama at Birmingham. He became president and part-owner alongside his mother, Cornelia Foote, in 1983.
Founded by David Foote’s father, Harold David Foote Sr., and uncle, Gurnie Foote, Foote Brothers Furniture opened its doors for business in Alabama City in 1947 before moving to East Gadsden in 1952 and then opened Sylacauga in 1956. East Gadsden was closed in 1963. In 1983, the business moved to its current 20,000-square-foot location at 118 W. Third St. in Sylacauga and an outlet store at 201 Norton Ave. in Sylacauga.
An active contributor to his community, Foote has served as a director of the Sylacauga Chamber of Commerce and the Coosa Valley Country Club. He also has served as president of the Wesley Chapel Methodist Men’s Club and as head of the Wesley Chapel Methodist Administrative Board. Additional civic involvements include service with the United Way and the ARC.
In 1990, Foote was awarded the Distinguished Service Award from the Sylacauga Jaycees, and in 2001, he received the Outstanding Established Business Award from the Sylacauga Chamber of Commerce. He also was awarded the Partner in Lifelong Learning honor from the BB Comer Memorial Library Foundation in 1997.
An award-winning chili maker, Foote was named Mr. Good Guy by the Alabama Furniture Travelers in 2007.
The store’s website is located at www.footebros.com.