The town’s three-year renewal of its property and liability commercial package with the Alabama Municipal Insurance Corporation cost $23,502, and the one-year workers compensation renewal with Municipal Workers Compensation Fund cost $14,422.
Council members also adopted an annual resolution renewing a federal aging services grant to provide meals for town residents through a nutrition program at the senior citizens center.
In other matters, the council:
• Approved adding Brian Fielders and Brandon Sugg as members of the Oak Grove Volunteer Fire Department.
• Adopted a memorandum of understanding between the fire department and the East Alabama Regional Planning and Development Commission establishing protocols for use of buses in case of disaster or a state of emergency.
• Adopted a resolution laying out details of the town’s agreement with the Alabama Department of Corrections for transportation, supervision and costs for using inmate labor.
• Approved expenses for council members to attend a municipal legislative advocacy gathering Feb. 4 in Montgomery.
• Approved changes in the hours worked by the town’s security supervisor and part-time security watchman.
• Agreed to apply to the Waste Reduction and Technology Transfer Foundation for a possible federal grant to replace some street lights with LED lights.
Oak Grove’s council meets on the second Tuesday of each month at 6 p.m. at town hall.