The department responded to a total of 11 calls during the week between Feb. 6 and Feb. 13. The earliest was an odor of smoke on Diamond Lane Feb. 6, followed by a building fire on Hayes Road later the same day. Firefighters also responded to a call regarding arcing or short circuited electric equipment at Meadowood Apartments that day.
The next day they responded to another smoke odor call on Cherry Street, followed by a possible gas leak at Pine View Landing Apartments. Yet another smoke odor call came in from Lawrence Street Feb. 9. Firefighters responded to a stovetop fire and a traffic accident on the 275 Bypass at Jackson Trace Road the same day.
The week was rounded out by a grass fire call Glenwood Road, an accident at Alabama 77 and the bypass and a call to Howell’s Cove Road that was cancelled in route.
No one was injured in the accident at 77 and the bypass.